Monday, December 13, 2010

Noir Noir

Because I often have the mentality of a common raven and am hopelessly attracted to shiny things, I am happy to have stumbled across Dixon Ticonderoga Noir pencils. They are black wooden pencils (I am glad that mechanical pencils have not caused the death of the basic wooden pencil, just as e-readers will not strangle the paper book industry), but with a shiny, holographic exterior. They're pretty nifty:




I suppose this appeals most to younger kids and female adults but I like the fact that they're actually wood (though it's terrible for the environment, I like the way they write) and not that weird plasticy feel of those old black Sanford Eagle pencils. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? The ELITE ones, they were black but not made of wood? I don't know, it made writing really smooth though but it was very light. I couldn't find a picture of it, sadly. Probably one of the few times Google Images has failed me.

This is how the Noir pencils look, sharpened (courtesy of penciltalk.org):



For those of you who are interested in the environment, these particular pencils are made from sustainable yield wood. There is no rainforest wood in these pencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment